Wednesday, December 15, 2010

December 15, 2010

Daily Verse
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress; my God in Him will I trust.
Psalm 91:2

Daily Devotion
"Trust and Fear Not" Amy Carmichael

Let us listen to simple words; our Lord speaks simply, " Trust Me, My child." He says, Trust Me with a humbler heart and a fuller abandon to My will than you ever did before. " Trust me to pour My love through you, as minute succeeds minute. And if you should be conscious of anything hindering the flow, do not hurt My love by going away from me in discouragement, for nothing can hurt love so much as that. 

Draw all the closer to me; come, flee to me to hide even from yourself. Tell me about your troubles.  Trust me to turn my hand towards you and remove the boulder that has chocked your riverbed, and take away all the sand that has silted the channel. I will not leave you until I have done what I have spoken.  I will perfect everything concerning you. Fear not, O child of My love, fear not. 

"Love, what is love?
Love is what has inspired my life, and led me to My cross, and held me on My cross. 
Love is what will make it joy to lay down your life for your brothers and sisters."

Prayer for Today
Ask God to give you an outpouring of His love and ask Him to remove the burdens and to give you the strength to remove what may be keeping you from Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment